Looking for some inspiration or how to plant your learning garden in Las Vegas, NV? Download this regional garden guide to help you get started!
Quick Gardening Tips:
- Plant seedlings before seeds to prevent planting over each other.
- Water your garden gently and frequently for about 2 weeks after you plant. The top of the soil needs to stay moist for seeds to sprout.
- Herbs (like basil), will flower or “bolt,” creating seeds as the weather gets warm. Keep herbs well-trimmed to prevent bolting.
Pro Tip: Save seeds from crops that flower when they dry up in late summer to plant again next year.
- Sow – Planting seeds in the ground
- Thin – Once seeds start to sprout, thin them by gently removing some sprouts. This gives individual plants more space to grow
- Perennial – Plants that only need to be planted once and will regenerate many times (for years even)