Big Green’s Jumpstart program first came to Georgia through our Savannah initiative in the SCCPSS District, connecting students with the ability to grow food at school. Today, we celebrate not only the new thriving gardens in Savannah but new grants taking root in schools all over Georgia, all thanks to our dedicated educators, deeply-rooted local partners, and generous funders!
(You can read more about the Fall 2023 Cohort here)
A Statewide Movement Takes Root
After partnering up with GA Organics, we invited schools from all corners of Georgia to join our big, green mission to get everyone in America growing food. Schools from Baldwin County to Treutlen, from Carroll County to Dougherty, embraced the opportunity with enthusiasm!
Our Jumpstart program is adaptable, offering full Learning Garden kits or $2,000 cash grants, allowing schools to choose a grant suited to their unique needs. Each statewide school received a $2,000 Jumpstart grant to help kickoff their garden programming or support an existing school garden.
Congratulations to the following statewide Jumpstart Cash Grant grantees:
- Baldwin County Early Learning Center
- Lakeview Primary School
- Baldwin High School
- Lakeview Academy Primary School
- Oak Hill Middle
- Midway Hills Primary
- Midway Hills Academy
- Brooks County High School
- Calhoun County High
- Temple Elementary School
- Villa Rica Elementary
- Sharp Creek Elementary School
- CJ Hicks Elementary
- Burney Harris Lyons Middle School
- Alps Road Elementary School
- David C. Barrow Elementary School
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary
- Commodore Conyers College and Career Academy
- Guyton Elementary
- Ivester Early College
- Mattie Wells Elementary School
- Lee County Middle School West
- Lee County Middle School East Campus
- Monroe County Middle School
- Montgomery County Elementary
- Morgan County Primary School
- Rockdale Magnet School for Science and Technology
- Honey Creek Elementary
- Sumter County Middle School
- Treutlen County School
We want to express a big thank you to all the educators, students, and communities who have embraced Jumpstart with excitement. Your dedication to growing food is shaping a healthier future for Georgia’s children.
As we celebrate this statewide growth, we invite everyone to join us in this movement. Spread the word and get growing with your school, family, or community!