These free, watering cans are easy to make, can get everyone working together to water the garden all while reducing plastic waste. Make enough for each student for easy, quick garden watering!
- Clean, plastic bottles with caps (1 gallon and 1/2 gallon jugs with handles are easiest to use)
- Thumbtacks and pens, OR common nails OR a drill with a 1/8” drill bit
- Optional – craft supplies to decorate the bottles
- Drill or pierce 5-10 holes in the front top of the containers.
- Drill or pierce 2 holes by the top of the handles to vent air.
- Note: If using thumbtacks once the holes are punctured with the tack, use the point of a ballpoint pen to enlarge them. to ⅛”.
Fill your new watering cans with water, place the cap back on the bottle and it’s now ready to use!