Different workshops for different times!
This year has been like no other we have known! We changed our usual fall workshop to try to fit into virtual formats and present the most relevant information for this back-to-school season. This means we will offer 3 sessions each with their own focus. Our team will present some content and we are working with our partners to invite special guests, experts in garden and food education to provide some new and inspiring content to support bringing the garden and cooking experiences into the virtual classroom.
- Session 1: Thursday, September 3, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Fall garden preparation and planting for all. Break out sessions will support garden care strategies no matter what has been happening in your garden this summer.
- Q&A sessions
- Session 2: Thursday, September 24, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Parents Can Register Here!
- Facebook Live Event, will be posted to YouTube for future viewing and sharing.
- A workshop for parents and teachers together! (A separate signup and public link to view the live session will be made available to share with families)
- At-home container gardening techniques and activities plus cooking demonstrations.
- Q&A sessions
- Session 3: Thursday, October 8, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Food-based lessons for the virtual classroom
- Big Green curricular content and supplementary virtual content
- Teacher centered discussions
Parents are invited too!
Session 2, that we will be hosting on Sep. 24 will be in partnership with the Chicago Grows Food collaborative that includes members from garden education organizations across Chicago. This workshop will focus on content for families growing food and cooking together at home. If you would like to connect any of your classroom work to opportunities for families growing at home, we invite you to share this session with the parents of students in your classes (link to be posted soon).