Garden Bites, our nutrition and health curriculum for Learning Garden students, co-authored with our partner Common Threads, invites elementary and middle school students to dig into real food through hands-on nutrition and health lessons. This unique curriculum offers premier nutrition and cooking education lessons that are taught by classroom teachers.
Garden Bites includes:
- 15 lessons that align with National Health Education Standards, Common Core State Standards, and Next Generation Health Standards.
- Classroom cooking activities that utilize produce from your school garden.
- A grocery stipend, $3 per student, to support the classroom cooking activities.
- In-person teacher trainings
- Garden skills and curriculum support from your Garden Educator