Teaching in your school garden? Let’s make it easy!
Teaching in your school garden is not only fun, but it is also a great way to bring core academic subjects to life! Below we have resources, lessons, and activities to help you successfully integrate your school garden into your classroom.
Remember, you don’t need to be a garden expert, or even on your school’s Garden Team, to teach in your school garden!
Confidently bring students outside to your school garden.
- Learning Garden Classroom Management
- Learning Garden Rule-Making Activity
- Big Green NGSS in the Learning Garden
- Big Green CCSS in the Learning Garden
- Elementary Book Recommendations
- Middle and High School Book and Movie Recommendations
Classroom Activities and Lessons:
Introduce your school garden and deepen knowledge using these activities and lessons.
- Kick Off Day Prep: K-2 | 3-5 | 6-8 | 9-12
- Learning Garden Tour: K-2 | 3-5 | 6-8 | 9-12
- Scavenger Hunt: K-2 | 3-5 | 6-8 | 9-12 | Adaptable Activity
- Germination: K-2 | 3-5 | 6-8
- Plant Needs: K-2 | 3-5 | 6-8
- Seed Saving: K-2 | 3-5 | 6-8 | 9-12
- Seasonality: K-2 | 3-5 | 6-8
- Harvesting: K-2 | 3-5 | 6-8 | 9-12
- Plant Lifecycle: 3-5 | 6-8
- Plant Parts: K-2 | 3-5 | 6-8
For more information on our curriculum offerings, click here.
Classroom Tasting & Eating:
Bring you school garden full circle by preparing tasty, simple, and healthy recipes.
- Tasting Tour Activity
- Tasting Activities – there are 21 recipes, find the best one for your classroom
- Tasting Etiquette Activity
- Creating your Tasting Kit
For more information on tasting & eating from your school garden, click here.