About the Position
The Development Manager will contribute to the organization’s fundraising efforts and extend Big Green’s ability to reach more donors across the country. The Development Manager will cultivate gifts in the $5,000 – $50,000 range and will collaborate with the team on events and gatherings, the development of proposals and pitches, and prospect research and lead generation. This is a unique opportunity for an action-oriented person that will provide exposure to a diverse set of responsibilities and skill-building at a fast-moving, innovative organization. If you’re a natural network-builder, excellent communicator, and creative problem solver with a background in fundraising, we want to meet you!
- Build and maintain effective relationships with corporate partners, individual donors, and foundation staff through phone calls, written communication, and in-person meetings as needed.
- Research, identify, qualify, and prioritize new potential funders. Work with other development team members to draft proposals for corporations, foundations, and individuals for National and regional offices by request.
- Develop strategy and oversee efforts to recruit and renew small and recurring donors.
- Support other development and executive team members in their fundraising efforts, including research, briefing, and materials creation.
- Collaborate with team members on special projects such as video, marketing campaigns, and cross-functional projects such as school recruitment materials or program collateral.
- Identify opportunities for frequent and personalized donor communications.
- Support and attend various events and gatherings in support of donor relations, including Learning Garden tours, community events, dinners, etc.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and timely data entry and digital files for prospects, proposals, awards, and other communication with national funders. Manage donor acknowledgment process.
- Oversee development systems and tools such as Classy, Salesforce, etc. as needed and acquired.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three (3) years of development experience with increasing responsibility and independence.
- A passion for our mission and a desire to create opportunity in food and health across the country.
Please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter below. The subject line should be “Development Manager – YOUR NAME.” The application period will close on 5/26/23 and interviews will take place between 5/30/23 and 6/9/23.
Who We Are
Big Green, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, believes that growing food changes lives. We are on a mission to help everyone in America grow their own food. We provide vital resources to organizations and individuals working to grow food in their communities, including grants, gardening materials and supplies, training, and community.