Below is an updated list of current grant opportunities from partners and friends:
- Teacher Gardens Network Grant: The American Heart Association Teaching Gardens Network Grant program is now open and accepting applications to support school gardens for the 2019-2020 school year! Be sure to apply by Oct. 11th!
- Salad Bars to Schools: Bring a salad bar to your school! Salad Bars to Schools’ goal is for every school in the United States to have a salad bar as part of their school food service program.
- Green Education Foundation Green Thumb Challenge: Submit chronicles from your garden for a chance to win $500. The award is designed to support the continued sustainability of an exceptional youth garden program that has demonstrated success, and has impacted the lives of kids and their community. Deadline is September 30th.
- IOBY (In Our Back Yard): If you’ve ever considered the possibility of crowdfunding to support your community garden or urban farm but weren’t sure how to start–the answer is in your backyard. Most ioby micro-donors give an average of $35, live within 2 miles of the project site they’re supporting and regularly volunteer with the project. Post your project today at ioby.org.
- The Awesome Foundation: is now taking applications for its $1,000 microgrants to further awesomeness in the universe. Check out your city’s chapter and see what initiatives they’re looking for then apply! Every month, one microgrant will be given for an awesome idea. The more inventive the better.
- CHS Foundation Classroom Grant: CHS Foundation provides $500 grants each year to Pre-K-12 teachers who have classroom projects that use agricultural concepts to teach reading, writing, math, science, social studies and more. Deadline for applications is September 15th.
Always consider if any local companies near you have the tools or items your garden needs. Local businesses will often support school gardens with small donations of the materials. You may also find local support from parents or other businesses near you who will buy the tools you need– for you!
Best of luck!