Brussel sprouts can sometimes be a hit or miss depending on your guests. However, we’re willing to bet that this recipe will even satisfy the most picky members of your crew.
- 1 pound of brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (for roasting)
- 2 strips of bacon and 1 tablespoon olive oil (for sautéing)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 c dried cranberries, minced
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of toasted pecans
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375®. Coat the brussel sprouts in olive oil and roast for 30 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, cook the bacon (if using) until crispy in a pan. Remove bacon and drain bacon grease.
3. Add the olive oil and cook the onion for a few minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or two.
4. Add the roasted brussels to the onion pan. Add the cranberries, vinegar, and maple syrup and cook for another few minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Crumble the bacon and nuts on top and dig in!