Thanks to all who attended Session 1 of our Back to School Workshop Series! With folks returning to school in a virtual capacity, this workshop featured tips for using your Learning Garden for virtual lessons or leading students through container gardening at home.
Be sure to check out our resources below for a copy of the presentation and some follow up resources.
Back to School Workshop Session 1
Container Gardening Resources
- 5 Container Gardening Options for Apartment Gardeners (Epic Gardening) – Overview of various types of containers that are low cost and suitable for small spaces
For those of you who are unable to go into your gardens but still want to garden at home, here are some activities we recommended during the workshop:
Learning Garden Activities Away from the Learning Garden
For those of you who plan on working in your gardens this fall, here are some resources we’ve compiled to help with planting and weeding:
Fall Growing Resources
- Chicago Spring Garden Plan
- Growing and Caring for Seeds
- Planting Strings Activity
- Track Your Harvests Here!
Our next workshop will be held in conjunction with Chicago Grows Food and focus on at-home gardening techniques and activities. To join this workshop, tune into the Chicago Grows Food Facebook page on Thursday, September 24, from 4-5 PM!